• Language: english
    • Genres: history, gaming, games, biography, memoir
    • ISBN: 9781451640502 (1451640501)
    • Author: David M. Ewalt
    • Release date: August 20, 2013
    • Format: hardcover, 276 pages
    • Publisher: Scribner

About The Book

The Hobbit meets Moneyball in this definitive book on Dungeons & Dragons — from its origins and rise to cultural prominence to the continued effects on popular culture today. Even if you’ve never played Dungeons & Dragons, you probably know someone who has: The game has had a profound influence on our culture. Released in 1974 — decades before the Internet and social media — Dungeons & Dragons is one of the original ultimate nerd subcultures, and is still revered by more than thirty million fans. Now, the authoritative history and magic of the game is revealed by an award-winning journalist and life-long dungeon master.

From its origins on the battlefields of ancient Europe, through the hysteria that linked it to satanic rituals and teen suicides, and to its apotheosis as father of the modern video game industry, Of Dice and Men recounts the development of a game played by some of the most fascinating people in the world. Chronicling the surprising history of D&D’s origins (one largely unknown even to hardcore players) while examining the game’s profound impact, Ewalt weaves laser-sharp subculture analysis with his own present-day gaming experiences. An enticing blend of history, journalism, narrative, and memoir, Of Dice and Men sheds light on America’s most popular (and widely misunderstood) form of collaborative entertainment.

EPUB book Of Dice and Men read for PC on Audible. Hardback Of Dice and Men by David M. Ewalt. PDF ebook Of Dice and Men David M. Ewalt buy. Paperback ebook Of Dice and Men download reader on Booktopia.

#168143 返信
    nike shox
    ゲスト

My husband and i ended up being very ecstatic that Ervin could carry out his studies from the ideas he got out of your web page. It is now and again perplexing to simply continually be offering ideas which other people might have been selling. We understand we’ve got the website owner to give thanks to because of that. The most important explanations you’ve made, the simple web site navigation, the friendships you will help to promote – it is all amazing, and it is assisting our son in addition to us consider that the issue is brilliant, and that’s highly essential. Thanks for the whole thing!

#168424 返信
    supreme hoodie
    ゲスト

I needed to create you that bit of remark in order to say thanks a lot over again for your personal striking techniques you’ve shared on this website. It has been certainly extremely open-handed of you to supply publicly exactly what numerous people could have marketed as an e-book to help with making some money for themselves, principally considering that you could have done it in the event you decided. Those techniques likewise acted to provide a fantastic way to understand that many people have the same fervor really like my very own to see a lot more with regards to this matter. I’m sure there are a lot more enjoyable situations up front for individuals that start reading your website.

#168737 返信
    golden goose
    ゲスト

I intended to write you the tiny word to finally give thanks over again for your stunning concepts you’ve documented on this site. It was particularly generous with people like you to present easily exactly what most people might have distributed for an e book to generate some profit on their own, most notably since you could possibly have tried it if you ever desired. The secrets likewise acted to be a great way to understand that other people have the identical desire really like my very own to learn lots more with respect to this problem. Certainly there are a lot more pleasant situations up front for those who see your website.

#169078 返信
    irving shoes
    ゲスト

My husband and i have been so comfortable Jordan could round up his basic research using the precious recommendations he discovered in your web site. It is now and again perplexing to just always be releasing techniques others might have been selling. We really remember we have the website owner to give thanks to because of that. The most important illustrations you’ve made, the straightforward site menu, the relationships you will make it possible to foster – it’s all awesome, and it’s really helping our son and the family feel that that subject matter is amusing, which is certainly wonderfully vital. Thank you for all!

#169542 返信
    kawhi leonard shoes
    ゲスト

I precisely wished to thank you so much all over again. I am not sure the things that I would have created in the absence of the entire ideas discussed by you concerning such subject. It actually was a frightening problem in my circumstances, but considering your specialized approach you solved that forced me to weep over gladness. I am happy for the help and as well , believe you really know what a great job you are always providing training the rest with the aid of a site. I am certain you’ve never met all of us.

#169974 返信
    stephen curry shoes
    ゲスト

I want to show my admiration for your generosity supporting folks that should have assistance with in this concern. Your personal dedication to getting the solution up and down has been quite practical and has in every case enabled most people just like me to reach their objectives. Your entire useful facts indicates a great deal a person like me and additionally to my office colleagues. Thank you; from each one of us.

#170406 返信
    yeezy 700
    ゲスト

A lot of thanks for all your effort on this blog. My daughter enjoys making time for investigation and it’s easy to see why. My spouse and i know all regarding the compelling method you give both interesting and useful guidance on this web site and as well improve contribution from some others on that concept then our child is without a doubt learning a great deal. Have fun with the rest of the new year. Your performing a tremendous job.

#170796 返信
    yeezy boost 350 v2
    ゲスト

I in addition to my buddies appeared to be checking the good items located on the blog and then unexpectedly I got an awful suspicion I never expressed respect to the site owner for those tips. Those ladies ended up absolutely joyful to see them and have in actuality been taking advantage of those things. Thank you for really being quite considerate as well as for deciding upon some wonderful guides most people are really needing to know about. My personal honest regret for not saying thanks to sooner.

#171185 返信
    kyrie 6 shoes
    ゲスト

Thanks for every one of your efforts on this web page. My aunt really likes conducting internet research and it’s really simple to grasp why. Most of us notice all regarding the compelling mode you create both interesting and useful tricks on the website and as well strongly encourage contribution from other people on the area so our favorite child is without question discovering a lot. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the year. Your carrying out a glorious job.

#171543 返信
    bape
    ゲスト

I definitely wanted to make a quick word so as to express gratitude to you for the precious secrets you are posting at this website. My extensive internet investigation has now been honored with professional facts and techniques to go over with my colleagues. I would believe that we readers actually are undoubtedly blessed to be in a remarkable website with very many marvellous professionals with insightful plans. I feel extremely blessed to have encountered your website and look forward to many more exciting minutes reading here. Thanks once more for everything.

#171968 返信
    off white outlet
    ゲスト

I wanted to post you this very small observation in order to give many thanks over again just for the pretty solutions you’ve provided here. It is certainly unbelievably generous of people like you to supply unhampered what numerous people would have sold as an e-book in order to make some profit for themselves, precisely considering that you could possibly have done it in case you decided. Those good tips as well worked to be the easy way to be sure that some people have the same passion similar to my personal own to understand great deal more with regards to this problem. I am certain there are numerous more pleasant moments in the future for those who looked at your website.

#172319 返信
    jordan 12
    ゲスト

I am just writing to make you understand what a impressive encounter my cousin’s daughter encountered visiting your web site. She noticed a good number of things, including what it is like to possess a great coaching mindset to let many more clearly fully grasp several very confusing matters. You undoubtedly did more than our own desires. Thanks for supplying the helpful, safe, revealing and even easy tips about your topic to Ethel.

#189782 返信
    moncler
    ゲスト

My husband and i ended up being so satisfied when Emmanuel could finish off his investigations with the precious recommendations he got using your web pages. It is now and again perplexing to simply possibly be offering tactics that many other folks have been selling. Therefore we already know we’ve got the website owner to appreciate because of that. Most of the explanations you have made, the simple web site navigation, the relationships you can make it easier to engender – it is mostly terrific, and it’s really making our son in addition to us feel that that idea is interesting, and that is especially pressing. Many thanks for all!

#253043 返信
    golden goose
    ゲスト

I and my friends happened to be reading the best secrets located on your web blog while quickly I had a horrible suspicion I never expressed respect to the blog owner for those strategies. Those boys are already certainly passionate to see all of them and have now in actuality been taking advantage of them. Appreciation for indeed being really kind as well as for choosing some notable things most people are really desirous to know about. My personal honest regret for not expressing gratitude to you earlier.

15件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 15件目 (全17件中)
返信先: (FB2) Of Dice and Men by David M. Ewalt — 9781451640502
あなたの情報: